Network Technician Co-op
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
Network Operations maintains and commissions transport and wireless services throughout Alberta. It is our responsibility to ensure customers have a positive network experience they can rely on.
We are looking for a self-motivated person with a strong technical aptitude to join our team. The successful candidate will be work closely with our technicians to perform routine maintenance, repair network equipment, and commission new services. This position offers hands on experience in the field and provides exposure to a variety of network elements such as microwave radio’s, multiplexers, dc power plants, RBS, and much more.
What you will do…
- Corrective maintenance
- Preventive maintenance routines
- Assist technicians on new site commissioning
- Assist technicians on special projects
- Testing wireless services (3G, 4G, and 5G)
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in an Engineering Technology Program
- Successful completion of first year studies
- Knowledge of RF
- Knowledge of Cellular technologies
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Valid drivers license
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 3851 Jacombs Rd. Suite 130 (074), Richmond, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 225209
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.