Network Planning Co-op - MTL
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and building an inclusive future for everyone. We have a long history of investing in the next generation and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your possible.
About the Team:
The Quebec Access Network Planning team is scoping the investment and direction needed to evolve the Rogers Wireless networks in the province of Quebec. As a team member, you will have opportunity to apply your superior analytical skills and enhance your wireless technical knowledge, as you innovate cost effective plans for solutions to provide the best customer experience.
What you will do…
- Work closely with the RF and Real Estate teams to help issue Land Acquisition Only (LAO) planning spec
- Assist the RF with request from Real Estate
- Plan, budget, and initiate expansion projects to support the wireless access network evolution and to meet subscriber demand.
- Develop and analyze alternative options to provide management with recommendation for deployment of cost-effective solutions that meet organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Network Implementation Groups to communicate requirements and priorities for new site acquisition, capacity augmentation, and new technology rollout to ensure timely delivery of programs.
- Monitor market performance and develop solutions to improve customer experience and meet performance targets.
- Conduct competitor market gap analysis and competitive analysis to understand competitor’s plans and tactics.
- Maintain the documentation up to date
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Bilingualism is required in English and French for the Montreal location
- Passionate about technology, networks, statistics, data science, analytical models, machine learning, and automation
- A good understanding of communication networks/cellular network architecture and building blocks
- A good understanding of cellular theory and RF principles
- A solid grasp of general programming principles (evidenced by automation, scripts, data analytics)
- Must have excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to get along with people
- Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with little supervision
- As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 254906
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.