Network Planning and Performance Co-op
At Rogers, we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:â€¯
Do you love building, tinkering, and understanding how things work? Interested in electronics, radio waves and mobile devices?
We are looking for talented individuals to join our Network Engineering team. Our team is responsible for planning the infrastructure that will power the wireless technologies of tomorrow.
We are currently seeking engineering interns to work within our development team. Successful candidates will participate in Planning and Optimization of our network. You will work closely with lead engineers and optimization specialist to address planning and optimization needs of the network.
What you will do…
- Assist in network planning activities to address capacity and coverage needs of the network
- Utilize data analytics to perform planning and optimization activities
- Issuing planning specifications and maintaining planning databases
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in a recognized Engineering Program, preferably Electrical and Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics or Computer Science
- Highly motivated individual with superior organizational and analytical skills
- Must have good writing and communication skills
- Passionate about radio propagation theory, radio transmitter and receiver circuits, cellular system principles and two-way land mobile communications
- Experience in programming languages such as Python and SQL, as well as Azure Databricks, Hadoop, and Power BI are assets
- Valid driver’s license
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Work Location: 1600 - 4710 Kingsway (016), Burnaby, BC
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 248828
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.