Network Planner Co-op (216566)
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
About our Co-op Program:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your term with us! We’re looking for motivated students who want to make an impact. Your co-op experience at Rogers will prepare you for the real world, and will empower you to take on challenging work after you graduate. Throughout your term, you’ll gain first-hand exposure to what life is like at our organization. You’ll work alongside industry professionals who will support your overall growth, and you’ll be responsible for business-impacting work that will help you transition into the various new grad opportunities we offer post-graduation. We want you to explore our organization so you can find your fit within it.
Wireless Network Access Planning Team:
The Wireless Network Access Planning team is part of the Rogers Communication engineering function. We plan and implement the new cellular sites and In-building systems to enhance the network capacity and coverage in order to fulfill the service and quality requirements of our rapid growing wireless business.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the development of network build plans and network augmentation plans. You will work closely with network planners to assist them with network analysis, planning documentation/specification and budget exercises.
Detailed responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will be responsible in assisting Wireless Access Network Planners with:
• Statistic analysis for network performance and capacity dimensioning
• Identify problematic network performance area and incorporate into the existing and future plans
• Help develop in year plans – site prioritization, capacity upgrades
• Provide network documentation/specifications related to new site acquisition and build
• Project Cost Benefit analyses and Market Reviews
• Developing in Capital Budgets
• Automate processes to improve efficiency
• Coordinate with Radio, Civil, Implementation engineering teams for project tracking and general cost accounting;
• Conduct post-mortem studies for event incidents and new site build
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution pursuing a Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Degree
• Basic knowledge of wireless access network, knowledge in radio propagation theory, radio transmitter and receiver circuits, cellular system principles and two-way land mobile communications will be an asset
• Experience with GIS tools and analysis
• Programming skills in data mining and automate process
• Highly motivated individual with superior organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate plans and solutions to both technical and non technical audiences
• Team Player who can work with both technical and non technical individuals and facilitate completion of tasks and projects
• Experience in finance and accounting is a plus
• The ability to take direction and report on current status
• A self-starter with the ability to pick things up quickly
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 216566
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ