Network Engineering - New Grad Leadership Development Program - MTL
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
About Our New Grad Leadership Development Program:
We have a long history of investing in the next generation and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada. In 2020, we were named one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for the 10th time, and in 2021 we were named one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies to work for in Canada.
Our New Grad Leadership Development Program gives new graduates the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, develop key skills and learn from a diverse group of leaders. At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your possible.
About Network Engineering
Rogers prides itself on being the first in Canada to introduce new network technologies and services to Canadians. As part of the Network team you’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest platforms and technologies; testing, configuring, and optimizing them to prime them for commercial launch. Your contributions will have an impact on shaping the future of Canada’s telecom landscape.
We’re looking for the next generation of talent that will contribute and be part of that journey.
As part of the program, successful candidates will participate in 3 job rotations over 12 months. Rotational plans are designed to tap into your personal and professional development. You will also be paired with a mentor and coach!
- Analytics and Insights – data mining, reporting and visualization
- Network Quality & Performance Analytics
- Device Accreditation – testing & validation of new devices and functionalities
- Technology Development – introduction of new technologies and services
- E2E Service Experience - developing new approaches to improve Network performance
What you will be doing:
- Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation.
- Work with key stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging available data to drive customer experience and network performance improvements.
- Work with the teams to assist with executing test objects to validate performance and functionality of new services, new network nodes, and new devices.
- Understanding and interpreting industry trends and evolution of devices, networks and features
- Understanding and interpreting industry requirements from 3GPP, Industry Canada, PTCRB and third party labs
- Develop test methodologies to verify new functionalities between RAN and wireless device
- Interface with chipset and device OEM manufacturers
- Support other Business and Engineering projects/programs
- Testing of network features to ensure proper working behaviours before commercial deployment
- Use statistical analysis and visualization tools to describe and measure the performance of Rogers’s network and core services (internet, video, wireless, voice).
- Participate in stakeholders’ meetings to assist with technical issues and support their resolution.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- A recent grad (graduated between 2021 – 2022) or be expecting to graduate by May 2022 with a degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent.
- Passionate about technology, networks, statistics, data science, analytical models, machine learning, and automation
- A good understanding of communication networks/cellular network architecture and building blocks
- A good understanding of cellular theory and RF principles
- A solid grasp of general programming principles (evidenced by automation, scripts, data analytics)
- Must have excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in team setting
- Ability to get along with people
- Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to work in a team focused environment
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
- Exceptionally bilingual in French and English is required
What you can expect in return:
- 3 job rotations over 12-month program to tap into your personal and professional development
- Paired with a mentor and a coach
- Exposure to executive leadership
- Continuous growth and learning through monthly personal and professional workshops
- Flexibility to work in a hybrid model, both from home and from the office
- A competitive salary and benefits that includes access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, 50% off Rogers services and a variety of other perks
- A team that deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.