At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers Creative is seeking a Motion Designer, to join our group of passionate artists, designers, animators and design thinkers. He/she is charismatic, smart and committed to producing high-quality experiences. We're looking for a talented individual who continuously provides inspiration, and who motivates those around them. The right candidate must have a proven background in motion design and have a great understanding of pace/timing/flow/energy, and how to convert creative ideas to best fit any brand. He/she also possesses a strong eye in layout, composition, animation, typography, photography, and demonstrates fundamental design & motion principles. Working collaboratively with all members of the team including Art Directors & Creative Directors across various mediums, will be key to ensuring all our diverse brand offerings in Sports, Media and Telecommunications are unified and strong.
Your passion for quality work, cutting edge designs, industry leading and trending executions, innovation, technology and all things creative is complimented with an understanding of great motion design principles, best practices, and a focus on detail. The role requires core strengths in the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, problem solve and self motivate . You should be someone who thrives on challenges, setting and achieving goals, and has incorporated design into their lifestyle.
We develop engaging, award winning work for a variety of clients with local and national reach. Our creative team carries the principles of a design studio/ad-agency but functions as an in-house design group (some would say the best of both worlds…). Currently located in the core of Toronto, we offer an opportunity to learn from a group of talented team in a variety of different mediums.
We're looking for someone who:
- A positive, energetic and driven individual
- Is creative, focused and demonstrates a visionary approach to motion design
- Is conceptual, strategic, collaborative, and embodies an all-around passion for creative.
- Effectively collaborates with fellow teammates and executes industry leading designs
- Open to change, critique and alternative design techniques
- Ability to conceptualize and execute designs from a blank canvas state
- Is able to set and meet independent & group deadlines
- Possesses strong motion skills and demonstrates an understanding of timing / kinetics / mood & emotion
- Can work closely with Producers & Editors embracing video footage & sound design
- Has understanding of special effects / motion tracking / Keying and Colour Correction Video techniques
- At your core, be a strategic Design Thinker
- Be an ambassador of, and support network brands & extensions
- Has a strong knowledge and eye for photo/image treatment & Typography
- Effective communicator who can participate in design conversations with team, partners and clients
- Monitors and incorporates industry trends in graphic design and embraces innovation
- Ability to embrace scripts and design direction to bring to life ideas / briefs & strategies
- Has knowledge and practice of main stream social media with respect to UX and UI design and techniques
- A strong interest in Sports and cultural trends (NBA, NHL, MLB, etc)
Education and Work Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience working in broadcast / film / advertising or creative agency environment, with a strong understanding and foundation in design / art & animation fundamentals
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D, Technical design and fluent in all Adobe Design software
- Possesses a robust/versatile Demo reel showcasing motion design/animation and or Vfx techniques
- Strong knowledge of Broadcast workflow and practices
- Working knowledge of Broadcast Design Software such as ORAD, Xpression, 3Designer, or Chyron Lyric a plus.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask multiple projects
- Collaborative, self-motivated, professional.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to finer details of design
Rogers Creative is an internal creative agency with 300+ professionals working collaboratively across Canada.
With deep roots in media, broadcast, radio, publishing sales - we offer creativity services in the fields of branding, digital and social, motion and 3D animation, advertising, video production, retail design, wayfinding, real time live content, and end-to-end management of projects
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Creative
Requisition ID: 144385
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.