Mgr Carrier Roaming Settlement
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Roaming Wholesale Operations in Carrier Roaming and Global Long Distance, this position is located in the Toronto office and involves the following primary responsibilities:
What you will be doing:
- Accountable for all aspects related to wholesale roaming A/R and A/P, including but not limited to, invoicing, validations, funding, settlement, collections, payment allocations, and reporting
- Manage 3rd party Financial Clearing House supplier relationship with regards to contracted services, and enforce SLA terms
- Prepare department month-end/quarter-end consolidated reporting packages for management
- Own budgeting and forecasting for Other Roaming Costs.
- Administer dedicated group email box
- Own SOX compliance and certification process for the department
- Manage invoicing and remittance process related to partnership agreements with select Canadian operators, as well as roaming suppliers
- Deliver purchase commitment requirements to Finance for disclosure
- Create operational efficiencies and productivity improvements
- Monitor GSMA working groups, assess impacts to Rogers, report updates internally, and make recommendations
- Lead by example to work effectively and collaboratively within and across teams
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
What you bring:
- Enthusiasm and passion for the Rogers Values.
- University degree in business with concentration in finance or accounting
- An MBA and/or accounting designation preferred (CPA, completed or in progress)
- High level individual contributor with considerable independent judgement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly with PowerPoint and advanced Excel/Access (ie, v&h lookup, pivot tables, macro, formulas, etc)
- Working knowledge with Oracle/Sensaas
- Excellent and proven analytical (managing and interpreting data) and solution-oriented problem solving skills, and attention to details.
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral). Ability to sell ideas/concepts to others through logical and persuasive arguments.
- Self-starter with an 'ownership' mindset and proven experience to excel with minimal supervision.
- A dynamic, pro-active and organized individual with a proven ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Audit / Compliance
Requisition ID: 138364
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.