Mdu Sales Representative
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Job Description – MDU Sales Representative
As a MDU Sales Representative, you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization, by serving as a front-line representative of the Rogers brand. In this role, you will sell Internet, TV, Phone and SHM services to residential customers within assigned territory comprised of multiple dwelling units (MDU). May perform basic installations as well as auditing to drive product penetration and revenue growth.
Successful candidates are driven "hunters", with a strong work ethic, a high degree of integrity and an entrepreneurial and achievement-oriented attitude.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with MDU property management and leasing staff and regularly follows up to ensure Rogers products and services are favorably presented to prospective tenants.
- Partners directly with MDU property manager/leasing staff in designated territories to drive maximum product penetration and revenue growth. Serves as a sales
- presence at community or company events as required, interacting with current and potential customers.
- Cold canvasses in assigned territory and makes sales presentation to non-subscribers and existing subscribers for upgrades.
- Through various networking tactics, identifies and contacts customers moving into MDU and makes sales presentations.
- Builds customer loyalty by effectively resolving any/all customer issues and differentiating Rogers products from those of our competitors and communicating
- those differences effectively.
- Performs end to end order entry through provided technology.
- Participates in team sales blitzes, conversions, and new releases; including weekend and evening sales events.
- Updates and reports on all sales activities in assigned territories, or geographical areas.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary to maximize customer contact
- Conducts all business in an ethical manner as outlined in the Field Sales Handbook Standards of Performance and Conduct.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled team meetings
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience preferred in related field
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Ability to work independently to achieve set goals within a strategic plan.
- Must meet the physical requirements of the job including, but not limited to, the ability to walk and/or travel door-to-door for considerable distances in all types of weather conditions.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired, installation experience a plus
- 1 - 2 years of proven Door-to-door/outside sales experience highly preferred.
- The successful candidate will be a full-time employee of Rogers and will receive:
- Full training on Rogers products
- An attractive remuneration package includes base pay and commissions
- Car Allowance
- Medical and Dental benefits that begin on day 1
- 50 % discount on all Rogers Communications services
- Access to multiple Wealth-Accumulation Programs
- Tablet and smartphone for business use.
Schedule: Full time
Shift: Flex Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Door-to-door
Requisition ID: 135934
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.