Marketing Technologist, Audience Data, Digital Advertising
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
About the role
How do you inform, entertain, and inspire a country? You start with a vision: create compelling content that matters to Canadians. From there, you build a top team of creative, technical and strategic thinkers who are passionately dedicated to bringing our shared vision to life. When you work in media at Rogers, you have a hand in shaping an iconic portfolio of award-winning TV, Radio, Sports and Publishing assets – how will you make your mark?
As a Marketing Technologist, Audience Data, you will understand the value of our advertising services, and be able to articulate and use effectively to create a successful campaign strategy. As part of the digital advertising team, you will be responsible for the development of our data-driven audience strategy, implementation of successful advertising campaigns, and growth of revenue of our data-driven digital advertising product portfolio. You will be the expert on how to use our audience data, ad delivery platforms, and tracking and reporting tools to delivery superior adverting campaign results to our clients.
In this role you will:
- Develop effective data-driven campaign strategies to align with client objectives and deliver on the desired results
- Be the subject matter expert on our advertising capabilities - and the technology behind it
- Drive the strategy to create and optimize data-driven audience campaigns Rogers media clients campaigns
- Understand campaign tracking reporting tools and able to adjust strategy and implement optimization mechanisms to ensure successful delivery goals
- Analyse campaign results and report on audience insights to develop and retain key client-specific learnings
- Work in close partnership with the Rogers Media Sales team to support client campaign requests and be comfortable articulating the campaign strategy, explaining the technology used, and presenting the results
- Collaborate with Rogers Media Ad Ops team on campaign deployment and on-going optimization to ensure campaign success
You'll need to have:
- University/College Degree in related field
- 5+ years of experience in digital advertising operations, ad tech, data analytics or campaign management
- Deep understanding of (and thought leadership around) marketing technology and ad-tech landscape and players
- Understanding of digital advertising technologies like DSP's and bidding engines
- Understanding of 3rd party digital media measurement and analytics tools, like Omniture and Google Analytics
- Experience with managing 1st and 3rd party data, and use of customer data platforms
It'll be nice if you had:
- Experience developing advanced campaign reports and employing data visualization tools, for example Tableau and other similar reporting tools
- Experience with database query and analytics tools/software such as SQL and SAS is a plus
You'll succeed because:
- You are passionate about new ideas and emerging market trends
- You are a highly motivated
- You have a high attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks
- Data-driven thinker and problem solver
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, and flexible to adjust to evolving business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable working with business and technical partners
- Highly motivated and passionate about new ideas and emerging market trends
Together, we'll make more possible.
We get to solve problems we're passionate about. People are the heart of our success. Our customers come first, and they inspire everything that we do. We believe in the power of new ideas, experimentation and innovation. We are constantly learning and growing. We work as one team, with one vision – and we have a lot of fun.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 2440 Ash St (094), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Digital & Audience Solutions
Requisition ID: 149116
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.