Manpower Planning & Cal Fulfil
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Manager – Manpower Planning & Calendar Fulfillment
We are looking for an individual who leads by example and is passionate about customer experience to join our team and play an integral role in technician workforce planning. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, leading and motivating a team while meeting and exceeding performance targets for calendar availability and technician productivity. You will help cultivate the direction of our operations with your in-depth knowledge of our business and systems.
The successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be solutions driven.
- Monitor, understand and provide insights on customer booking trends and calendar availability performance.
- Forecast workforce headcount for residential including SHM and commercial offering and track calendar availability performance (actuals versus forecast).
- Ensure team KPIs met through proactive planning and development of strategies to enhance calendar availability and technician productivity.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Manage Service Assurance and customer-related escalations, and proactive investigation into system issues.
- Manage the NCA and Manpower Planning teams responsible for schedule adjustments and overall technician availability
- Participate and lead cross-functional discussions for process and system enhancements to improve operational efficiency; liaise with colleagues and other departments to support open communication and exchange of information.
- Take initiative to identify automation opportunities and execute upon these opportunities
- Effective coaching and ongoing support to team. Must thrive on resolving employee situations and act as the employee advocate when dealing with HR or departmental processes.
- Work in partnership with Field Managers and third party firms to ensure operational readiness for launches of new initiatives and growth of the business.
- Develop strategies and tactics that support open, timely and consistent communications throughout the team.
- Handle administration activities for the team such as payroll and scheduling.
- Provide emergency support during outages related to environment conditions, system and/or network outages.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, development, motivate others for individual and team performance.
- Strong skills in people management and ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible to work around department hours of operation and as needed for emergency support.
- Proficiency with ABB and ICM/SGI/Maestro and a technical aptitude for trouble-shooting.
- Experience with dispatching systems and good sense of geography.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to handle difficult conversations.
- Ability to structure information clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues at various levels.
- Experience and demonstrated ability with reporting and presenting.
- Core Competencies: Customer Focus, Teamwork, Communication, Accountability and Innovation
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 855 York Mills Rd. (022), North York, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Field Operations & Dispatch
Requisition ID: 156060
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.