Junior Project Controls Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and building an inclusive future for everyone. We have a long history of investing in the next generation and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your possible.
About the Team:
PMO Governance and Controls is at the heart and start of project deployment and controls. Working within capital management and project accounting, the incumbent will work closely with a high performing and technologically driven team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to assist our team of Capital Management Analysts and continue to drive innovation and project controls.
This entry level role will allow the incumbent to accumulate experience within the larger area of capital management but more importantly will empower and promote creativity and critical thinking all while liaising with different members of the team, across the country, from engineering to project management.
What you will do…
- Assist overall CAPEX spend targets by setting up project budgets on a timely basis
- Review CAPEX portfolio and assist team with the identification and closing of legacy projects
- Support the Manager with Capital Spend reporting packages, business cases, presentations, and ad hoc analysis
- Work with the Oracle Financial Systems & Tools (ADI, Discoverer, Smartview, Noetix) to extract and automate data flows
- Design/develop tools and systems that allow the team to achieve greater efficiency
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- Microsoft Office 365, MS SharePoint, Power Query M code, VBA, DAX
- Passionate about finance and technology and has the enthusiasm to continuously improve processes and flows
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
- An opportunity to learn, be creative, and work with highly technically individuals
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Rogers(189), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 225215
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.