Jays Care RBI Summer Edition Supervisor
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Jays Care RBI Summer Edition Supervisor
Jays Care Foundation | Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club
Jays Care RBI Summer Edition is a summer initiative that offers daily programming in July and August for over 1500 youth attending Toronto District School Board (TDSB) Summer School.
Candidates should have experience participating in recreational programs and working with children. The role begins in June with a robust onboarding and training schedule. Successful candidates will work within a team of up to 50 staff at one of 8 schools across the Greater Toronto Area.
All interested candidates should be aware that this is an in-person role. Successful candidates will be employed by Jays Care with a seasonal fixed-term contract. They are expected to be present at their designated job site each day of their summer contract, as well as attend the mandatory staff training days in June (weekdays June 19-30, locations to be determined)
POSITION TITLE: JAYS CARE RBI SUMMER EDITION SUPERVISOR (Non-Unionized Position)
REPORTS TO: Jays Care RBI Summer Edition Site Manager
DURATION: June 19, 2023 – August 17, 2023
WORK HOURS: 35 hours per week
WORK LOCATIONS: Assigned to one of 8 schools within the TDSB (candidate will have opportunity to indicate location preference).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until Sunday, March 26 at 11:59 pm. Applications will be processed and reviewed as they are received. Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis throughout the winter and spring.
*This is a non-union role*
THE MISSION: Engage and lead youth (ages 5-12) in creative, fun, and dynamic activities during our Jays Care RBI Summer Edition program.
- Serve as section leader, overseeing approximately 80 youth participants within a larger program site of up to 200 youth
- Supervise team of up to 16 program staff within the site
- Connect with participant families for updates about day-to-day programming and addressing any behavioural needs or challenges
- Provide leadership, problem solving strategies and mentoring to youth and staff
- Participate in sports and active play programming with children
- Serve as a role model to children and staff members, exemplifying leadership, problem solving
- Participate in a dynamic 2-week training to provide you with all the tools needed to lead a positive and safe program environment
- Following and ensuring that effective safety protocols are in place, including physical, emotional, and site safety measures
- Create a warm, safe, and welcoming presence in all encounters with staff, youth and caring adults
- Address any behaviour concerns immediately using Jays Care RBI Summer Edition behaviour management protocols and guidelines
- Prior leadership experience in a youth-centred environment (sports teams, camps, schools, clubs)
- Mature and capable of working independently
- Dynamic leader who can engage with staff and caring adults
- Ability to respond to new and changing situations
- Safe, inclusive, and thoughtful
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Open-minded and able to accommodate the needs of a diverse population
- Capable of leading small and large teams
- Track record of sticking to daily routines
- Applicant is 18+ by the beginning of the contract
- Jays Care is a two-time winner of the MLB Allan H. Selig Award for Philanthropic Excellence
- We boast a warm, welcoming and supportive team culture
- We offer a wide variety of opportunities to develop your leadership potential and grow your resume with new skills and experiences
- You will have opportunities to win monetary scholarships for college/university and staff recognition awards/prizes (with great Blue Jays swag!)
- Work alongside friendly and inspiring young leaders from your community and beyond
About Jays Care Foundation:
As the charitable arm of the Toronto Blue Jays, Jays Care uses baseball to teach life skills and create lasting social change for children and youth in marginalized communities across Canada. We proudly work in all ten provinces and two territories running programs to level the playing field for Canadian kids facing some of the most pronounced opportunity gaps, including: kids living in inner cities; kids living in First Nation and northern communities; kids living with physical and/or cognitive disabilities; and girls without access to sport. To learn more, visit jayscare.com.
Jays Care is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Jays Care will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Don’t meet every single requirement in this posting? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or requirement we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate!
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 2 Months
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Project Management & Coordination
Requisition ID: 284568