Income Tax Analyst (Co-Op)
At Rogers we're for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you're a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Income Tax Analyst – Co-op
Reporting to the Director, Income Tax, the successful candidate will work within a team of income tax professionals providing support and advice to the Rogers group of companies. This role also includes active engagement with our Corporate and Divisional Finance Teams.
Responsibilities will include assistance in:
- Accounting for taxes including the preparation of SOX compliant quarterly and year-end tax provision working papers.
- Income tax accounts reconciliations and journal entries preparation.
- Monthly income tax installment remittances.
- Withholding tax filings and accounts reconciliations.
- Tax audits, including preparation of appropriate documentation and analysis for government auditors to demonstrate compliance with income and tax requirements.
- The accurate and timely preparation and filing of Canadian income tax returns.
- Provision to filing calculations and preparation of adjusting journal entries.
- The preparation of supporting working papers for US Federal and State tax returns.
- The calculation of ACB, PUC and safe income of various legal entities.
- Commodity tax research and special projects.
- Research, analysis and documentation of findings on various income tax issues.
- Preparation of presentations to CFO, Audit & Risk Committee, CRA, etc.
- Enrolled in the University of Waterloo Masters of Taxation Program
- Team player with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
- A well-organized individual that pays close attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of Corporate Taxprep is an asset
- What can you expect from your contract term:
- Exposure to income tax compliance functions in a dynamic Telecommunication and Media industry
- Experience working in a small team within a large organization
Benefits to Working at Rogers:
- Fast paced, exciting environment
- Business casual environment
Please include a resume and cover letter as part of your application package.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Part Time
Length of Contract: 4 months
Work Location: 350 Bloor Street East (299), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 109686
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We've been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we'll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
We recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because your tomorrow inspires our today.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.