As the Human Resources Advisor, you will be a key member of the Human Resources Media team, leveraging world class results, raising the bar on talent management and supporting a high performance culture. This role will support Today's Shopping Choice, located at 59 Ambassador Drive in Mississauga within our Rogers Media Division and report directly to the Manager HR, TSC.
Todays Shopping Choice (TSC) is a leading interactive, multi-channel retailer, offering a vast assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. As one of Canada's most innovative and diversified retailers, TSC incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry leaders to provide a unique shopping experience, where customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewellery, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics.
What you will be doing:
- Provide support on issues related to legal and procedural compliance, employee relations, talent and performance management, recruitment, compensation and organizational development.
- Build strong relationships and credibility with all levels within client base.
- Be results-oriented and have a demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Work on HR projects and programs: planning and implementing projects (timelines and milestones) for key initiatives
- Support the implementation of effective practices to meet business needs and employee development.
- Provide coaching and guidance to client on employee issues.
- Labour relations; provide day-to-day interpretations and administration of 2 separate collective agreements, supporting the handling of grievance and discipline administration.
- Keep current on business knowledge, internal to the function and across the Company.
- Provide data and analysis to support multiple HR projects & ensure timely completion.
- Provide detailed reports as needed.
- Participate on industry/HR committees to seek out and implement 'best practices'.
- Support with ad hoc HR projects and strategic initiatives to enable performance and engagement within TSC
What you will have:
- 3-5 years Human Resources generalist experience is required.
- Post-secondary degree with concentration in business/Human Resources or CHRP designation and equivalent work experience is required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to network across functional teams and build solid client relationships.
- Experience within a complex, matrix structure and knows how to navigate the formal and informal organizational channels
- Sound problem solving and influencing skills, coupled with an ability to understand broad Human Resource issues and resolve conflict situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Strong data analysis skills with an ability to think analytically and present various analyses in a useful and understandable format.
- Ability to identify trends and/or anomalies and conduct follow-up root cause investigation.
- Ability to communicate and present findings in a succinct and professional manner.
- Strong work ethic, a high respect for confidentiality and sound professional judgment and initiative.
- Passionate, hard-working, dedicated, innovative and forward thinking
- Expert excel skills, including the ability to create pivot tables, work with large data sets, and all MS office applications.