Events Security - Toronto Blue Jays
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
If you enjoy being surrounded by baseball, these seasonal positions may be for you. All positions require a willingness to assist fans in a polite, friendly manner, and have strong interpersonal communication skills. Applicants must available to work all 81 home games including evenings, weekends and holidays as required. Candidates should have some experience working with people in a customer-service capacity. The incumbent will ensure a safe and friendly atmosphere for all guests and employees. Provide a controlling influence at all entrances to Rogers Centre and throughout the facility.
Note: this is a part-time seasonal role tied to the baseball season.
- Being certain that each fan is greeted with a warm smile and a friendly "Good afternoon/evening" or other appropriate phrase.
- Denying entry to secured doorways, entrances to all except ticket holders and authorized personnel as required.
- Performing bag checks and inspections at entrances as required.
- Ensuring all public areas of Rogers Centre are properly maintained and safe for guests. ?
- Maintaining a personal security notebook and submitting fully detailed Incident Report Cards for all incidents
- Have complete understanding of Rogers Centre and all event policies. You are accountable for your own actions.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times
- Excellent problem solving, judgment and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to be assertive and influential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills complimented with a friendly and professional manner
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- You must be able and interested in supporting a team environment
- Available to work all 81 home games including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Previous security services experience an asset
- Currently licensed as a Security Guard in accordance with the PSIS Act and to be in good standing.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates
- Successful candidates must be 18 years of age or older
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 11 Months
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Baseball / Stadium Operations & Game Day Events
Requisition ID: 123406
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.