Editorial Assistant, Citynews
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
CityNews is looking for a part-time Editorial Assistant to work evenings out of our Toronto newsroom, supporting our national CityNews expansion.
- Working as part of a team, support show producer in various on-air tasks, including publishing content and confirming distribution of content from other markets to Toronto
- Pitch and contribute to creative brainstorms and story meetings
- Recognize deadlines and prioritize work accordingly
- Participate in post-production meetings and critique sessions
- Various editorial and newsroom tasks as required, including feeds coordination and media operations liaison
What you have:
- University or college education in TV and/or digital news producing, writing or reporting experience
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
- Superior writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Control room and field production experience an asset.
- Shift work required
- Sound communication skills.
- Social Media acumen
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 155230
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.