Digital New Grad Leadership Development Program - MTL
Location: Montreal, QC, CA, H5A 1K3
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We know starting a new job can be daunting, let us help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers and secure a permanent position through our New Grad Leadership Development Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore, and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
All about Digital @ Rogers
Our Digital team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – they bring them to life. Their work impacts millions of people and their creativity shapes who we are today. Digitally driven, they’re hungry to deliver remarkable user experiences and determined to be at the forefront of whatever comes next. At Rogers, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. It’s time to redefine the box. Through exciting team work and an agile work environment, Digital New Grads work on a dedicated team ready to make an impact. Grow your knowledge through streamlined technical workshops and training meant to set you up for a career on our award winning team.
What you will do:
- Work with your team to write high performing code to deliver a great experience for our customers.
- Taking an active role in advocating software engineering principles and standards across your team
- Building and maintaining the deployment pipeline
- Ability to showcase that you truly love to code and can't wait to show us what you've worked on
- Write resilient, scalable code and implement monitoring and alerting to complement it
New Grads who join our Digital Program will be assigned a dedicated scrum team over the 12 months in the program and hired into their permanent position once the program is complete. Additionally, you will participate in enhanced digital learning curriculum to expand on your technical knowledge.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or completed your Bachelors Degree in 2020 in programs such as Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. Must be graduated by program start date in May 2021
- Interest in working in a Front End, Back End, Fullstack, IOS, or Android development
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Familiarity with Angular, Java, performing code reviews, and test driven development is an asset
- Prior exposure to Machine Learning is useful
- Understanding of Gitflow and working in an Agile environment
- Openness to learning new systems, frameworks, and technologies
- Open to taking on new challenges and passion for learning new skills!
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Rogers(189), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & New Grad
Requisition ID: 203886
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.