At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Video and Entertainment Services organization is looking for a DevOps engineer to design, build and evolve our DevOps tooling & processes supporting several back-office applications at Rogers Cable. Back office applications are a mix of custom-developed and vendor-built platforms, with varying levels of maturity in their DevOps journey. Reporting to the Manager of Video Enablement Platform Development, the successful candidate role will include working with both business and technical stakeholders to understand requirements, shape designs and guide evolution of the DevOps support applications. The engineer's portfolio will include automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery systems.
This position requires creativity and innovation, strong communication skills, and collaborate with various cross-functional teams across Rogers
- Lead design sessions to determine and identify functional and technical requirements on the basis of interactions with the stakeholders and knowledge of the DevOps tools and processes
- Document detailed designs and diagrams for new tools, processes and automation flows including required testing and debugging based on the high-level designs and requirements
- Develop and implement the detailed designs to achieve an automated deployment pipeline
- Administer the DevOps tools and their environments.
- Develop and administer different test suites covering unit, integration and functional testing
- Triage and report on test suites executions in coordination with both the development and operations team members
- Support troubleshooting in dev, staging and, if necessary, production environments
- Interact with project management to plan projects schedules and technical direction.
- Provide evaluation of existing and new software and tools products
- Mentor junior developers on design patterns, CI/CD, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- Works closely with the IT/Network architects and the different cross functional teams
- Collaboration: Involves others to leverage additional knowledge or skills that lead to increased understanding.
- Initiative: Proactively identifies present and future obstacles, issues, and opportunities. Takes actions to address such obstacles.
- Innovation: Motivated to improve organizational performance through the introduction of new ideas, methods, processes, products, or services. Develops new ways of looking at a situation.
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally ? it includes tone, style and structure and the ability to produce a variety of technical and business documents that demonstrate command of language, organization of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of DevOps engineering including design and development of CI/CD experience in an agile/iterative delivery structure and is viewed as a subject matter expert
- Solid experience working with the following tools and technologies: Git, Jenkins, SoapUI, Splunk, JIRA with Zephyr plugin
- Strong technical knowledge of basic networking, Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability as well as XML/JSON data formats
- Technical expertise in SSL/TLS, PKI and certificate based authentication, LDAP, HTTP Proxies and Web Servers, OAuth2
- Experience writing test cases and triaging
- Strong technical aptitude, communication skills and willingness to learn a new application/domain are a must
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Understands, advocates, and supports the integration of network technology strategies
- Originality and ingenuity are required for devising practical and economical solutions to problems
The below skills are a definite plus:
- System administration
- AngularJS, Node.js, Java, Python
- MySQL, Postgres, Oracle DB
- AWS (Cognito, S3, Lambda, KMS, Firehose, Redshift, cloud formation, cloud watch, API Gateway etc…)
- Git, Jenkins, Protractor, Gulp, NPM or Yarn, Heroku PaaS, RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ , Redis, Express, JSON Web Tokens
- Cloud computing, virtualization, monitoring, event capturing tools, data streaming tools
- Application Software requirements specifications, analysis and design principles.
- Data Application Software Testing & Quality Assurance such as SOAPUI
- Software Methodologies for Converged Networks and Services.
- High-level Analysis and Design Methods
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Programming
Requisition ID: 149820
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.