Data Governance Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Business Unit:
Rogers is seeking a Data Governance Analyst (Co-Op) to play an active role in shaping the data governance landscape at Rogers. The chosen candidate will be able to work across the enterprise data community, engage with our clients, communicate our processes, and support the adoption of our technology, specifically supporting the development and implementation of our Enterprise Data Governance Tool.
What you will do…
- Work with Enterprise Data Governance leads and Data Stewards to define and instrument metadata capture and storage for the CDE’s, evolve our common business glossary, and facilitate the linkage between business terms and the underlying technical metadata
- Gather and elicit requirements with specific focus on metadata analysis to develop use and test cases for metadata applications
- Identify, understand, articulate and document Critical Data Element (CDE) requirements
- Work with business to standardize and formalize CDEs
- Assist Data Stewards to identify enterprise data requirements
What you will bring…
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education with a focus on Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively communicate with both business and technical development teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, data analysts, data scientists, business owners, and colleagues to learn from subject-matter experts, present findings in a clear and concise manner, and reach alignment on how to support our metadata strategy.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- An innate intellectual curiosity, and a willingness to build awareness of current telecommunications industry and metadata best practices.
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 225205
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.