Cyber Security Pipeline
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
The Rogers Information and Cyber Security Unit is seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Commercial Security Team. These positions requires an overall understanding of the various cyber security technologies which include Cloud Security, SOC, Digital Forensics to name a few.
Here at Rogers we are always looking for talented people to join our team! We have various cyber security roles open which include Security Advisor, Security Architects, Compliance and Governance to name a few.
Please apply and we will contact you right away if the correct role is open for you.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as an information security consultant to the various lines of businesses by providing subject matter expertise as it relates to new services, products and projects.
- Educate and communicate security requirements, policies, standards and procedures to business/internal stakeholders as it relates to projects and strategic initiatives.
- Support and assist in the development of Enterprise Business Products that are secure & compliant by design.
- Assess applications, infrastructure, business units, business processes and external suppliers for information security risks, identify the potential threats and exposures.
- Conduct security reviews of planned initiatives across the organization and produces high quality Threat Risk Assessment reports clearly articulating risks.
- Weigh business needs against security concerns and provide risk-based recommendations to enhance information systems security, which are practical and achievable, thereby allowing the Lines of Business to make informed risk decisions.
- Provide recommendations to development and operational team to address security weaknesses and identify potential new security solutions.
- Expected to take on future team lead/leadership accountabilities.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Management or related field.
- Experience of working in information security consulting, advisory or training experience.
- Experience in relationship management and/or leadership experience.
- Previous experience in the telecommunications industry is an asset.
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 152979
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.