Cost & Vendor Manager
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Billing Experience Team is responsible for the end to end billing service experience for our customers. We believe that billing is a monthly expression and reminder to a customer of all their interactions and perceptions of Rogers as a company. Our objective is to ensure this reminder is of a company that’s fair, provides accurate information and is one our customers can trust.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Billing Experience. The Cost & Vendor manager is key to managing the billing experience team budget to ensure we maintain a strict cost discipline that leads to end to end cost optimization improvements. The successful candidate will have a mindset of continuous improvement with a proven track record of improving costs and identifying process improvements.
Please note: this is a 6 month temporary contract.
What you will be doing:
Cost Optimization and Budget Management
- Identify process improvements and cost efficiencies within the scope of billing operations
- Develop and maintain accurate budget tracking with appropriate controls/checks & balances
- Streamline reporting with support from vendors and internal reporting teams
- Manage, build, track and monitor the billing budget in partnership with Finance
- Complete month-end reconciliation of the billing budget
- Complete adhoc- analysis on impacts to the billing budget
- Review legacy budget processes with the objective of streamlining and finding efficiencies
- Deliver the end to end implementation of process improvements and ensure implementation is documented and integrated into daily billing management processes by developing standard operating procedures as necessary
- Develop measures and controls to detect budget risk and to sustain continued success of process implementations
- Handle vendor payment process creation of purchase orders and payment to our vendors
- Manage vendor relationships
- Ensure accuracy and quality of reporting and processes from vendors
- Use analysis to enhance processes with vendors
- Develop and prepare metrics and related reports (KPIs)
- Work closely with internal IT teams as the contact between
- Implement and share best practice initiatives across Billing Experience Team
What you bring:
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of finance/process improvement/business related experience
- University degree in a business or related discipline (post graduate degree an asset)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven ability to influence stakeholders
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast paced environment
- Excellent facilitation skills, comfortable in preparing and facilitating meetings and workshops, not necessarily in own area of expertise
- Strong written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Adept at using Microsoft Power Point, & Excel
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Adaptable to any given situation and a track record of using critical thinking to solve problems and uncover opportunities
- Demonstrated passion in improving the customer experience
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Product Management
Requisition ID: 152565
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.