Consumer New Grad Leadership Development Program - ATL
Location: Moncton, NB, CA, E1C 0G1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We know starting a new job can be daunting, let us help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers and secure a permanent position through our New Grad Leadership Development Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
About Consumer Business Units:
We are investing in New Grads to build athletes and talent pipelines across our Consumer business units! We are committed to creating rotational opportunities that provides breadth of experience where our New Grads will develop business acumen, learn about organizational awareness, and gain an understanding of the customer and frontline experience.
We are committed to providing on the job learning to further support formal training, coaching and mentoring that includes the areas of:
- Connected Home: Connected home brings seamless, simple technology for our customers’ lifestyle. We make it easy to save time, achieve more, and get more enjoyment doing the things you love throughout your home.
- Customer Experience: Our customers and audiences come first. We strive to always provide the "best in class" customer service with a focus on continuous improvement covering impacts to people, process and tools.
- Wireless: Through our three wireless brands Rogers, Fido and Chatr we provide Canadians with choice and value on a variety of plans to meet their needs and connect them to their families, friends, and what matters most through wireless
- 18 months: 3x 6month rotations
- Frontline experience
- Permanent placement after rotational program ends
Possible Rotational Roles:
- Competitive Intelligence Specialist: Examine trends and review sources for changes in plans for pricing and promotions to provide strategic recommendations
- Performance Support Analyst: Prepare and analyze performance related data on various projects to identify trends and opportunities
- Product Specialist: end-to-end product management support for wireless products to improve customer experience and simplify product offerings
- Marketing Coordinator: Liaison between content and operations teams to support transition of negotiating phase to execution phase, and lead performance reporting
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program or completed your Bachelor's Degree in 2020 in Business Administration or equivalent. Must be graduated by program start date May 2021
- Analytical and Critical Thinking skills
- Advanced with MS Office tools such as Excel to manipulating and summarizing data, and PowerPoint to organize and present analysis
- SAS/SQL to pull and summarize data
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 100 Westmorland Street (232), Moncton, NB
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & New Grad
Requisition ID: 203664
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Student & New Grads