Cloud Governance - Automation Specialist Co-op (217117)
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your term with us! We’re looking for motivated students who want to make an impact. Your co-op experience at Rogers will prepare you for the real world, and will empower you to take on challenging work after you graduate. Throughout your term, you’ll gain first-hand exposure to what life is like at our organization. You’ll work alongside industry professionals who will support your overall growth, and you’ll be responsible for business-impacting work that will help you transition into the various new grad opportunities we offer post-graduation. We want you to explore our organization so you can find your fit within it.
Technology Platform Engineering Team is a shared service to provide Platform solution and delivery to all Business Units at Rogers, including Consumer, Rogers for Business, Network, Media, Digital...etc. Being a part of the Platform Engineering team will get you exposure to new Platform Technology (i.e Private and Public Cloud), experience being part of the SDLC from the Platform side, and get familiar with the FinOps strategy and different consumption financial models and optimizations
What you will be doing...
- Work closely with core team and stakeholders to identify ways to improve Platform Engineering processes and governance
- Automation for different flows aligned with SDLC to move Platform Engineering requests from initiation phase till delivery, with defining gating criteria, and ensuring proper artifacts/approval are captured
- Design and create self-service portals.
- Design, development, and maintenance of ongoing financial Cloud Governance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
What you have...
- Currently enrolled in a full-time accredited cooperative education program in fields such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical disciplines.
- Strong communication, analytical, organization, and time management skills, as well as a willingness to learn and strong work ethic.
- Keen interest in identifying and developing opportunities for automation.
- Open to taking on new challenges and passion for learning new skills!
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (WFH), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 217117
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.