Cloud Engineering & Operations Co-op
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
The Cloud Engineering & Operations team builds, runs, and supports the Public Cloud Platforms (current focus – AWS/Azure) that deliver first class customer experiences across all of Rogers businesses including Media, Digital, Enterprise and Consumer.
What you will do…
- Cloud Engineering and Architecture – Assisting in Public Cloud platforms and infrastructure enhancements.
- Working along with team to assist in new service onboarding by creating best practices and automation for deployment.
- Project Participation and guidance within there area of expertise ensuring best practices and policies are followed.
- Supporting Cloud Operations in AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Recommend new solutions or process improvement opportunities by keeping up to date with the best practices in his/her area of expertise.
- Support the creation of technical roadmap documents focused on the evolution of cloud technologies.
- Providing help in building knowledge base for standards/errors in Public Cloud
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Business Technology Management or equivalent
- Passion for technology, infrastructure and cloud computing
- A solid grasp of cloud computing principles; Certifications for AWS/Azure are a plus
- Must have excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in team setting, working alongside others
- Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 225316
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.