Cloud Delivery Manager
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking a Delivery Manager to manage the Rogers for Business (R4B) Salesforce operational environment. Reporting to the Sr Manager DevOps Director at the Rogers Park Brampton Campus this individual will be working in a cloud DevOps environment with multiple agile scrum teams to plan, coordinate and manage the delivery of releases and changes into the production environment.
What you will be doing...
- Coordinate and Manage the bi-weekly and hotfix release from the concept stage through to package delivery for production execution
- Lead the Release planning activities including coordinating with the delivery, scrum and QA teams to plan for upcoming release scope and deployment activities through the DevOps lifecycle
- Performs release readiness, validation of scope and requirements, management of tasks and activities, tracking release task progress and milestones.
- Holds DevOps/Release stand-ups with the Release team
- Responsible for ensuring the release process is being followed (QA sign off on requirements, deployment instructions attached, change set uploaded, status update on requirements, etc.)
- Track & Manage DevOps issues: mitigation plan, workaround and RCA on the issues
- Continues Process Improvements – Case Triage process, DevOps Challenges, Release Process Improvements
- Responsible to do training/walkthrough of the release process with the IT and Business teams
- Responsible for communicating on Release status updates ensuring proactive communication with all impacted stakeholders on any delay with deployment of business functionality into production.
- Works closely with the R4B Salesforce operations team to triage and manage defects and cases.
- Facilitate cross functional information sharing, conflict resolution and risk mitigation
- Conduct and document Post Implementation Reviews to ensure business needs were met and functionality provided was used as intended
- Calculate the demand (both financial and IT resource) and determine the associated capacity through discussion and negotiation with Resource Management and other teams
- Enforce milestones and controls established to ensure the stability and sustainability is maintained while progressing the Rogers business with the support of IT
- Communicate any release risks to management
- Accountable to higher management for the successful execution of a complex array of deliverables which are the responsibility of one or more workgroups or result from a set of several interdependent processes; resources are managed directly and indirectly via influence and/or supporting process controls.
- Envisions, implements and manages processes that measure, inform and control execution, establishing policies and procedures for organizational unit or program.
- Identifies gaps in performance, recommends corrective actions and partners with ITS and business to implement process improvements.
- Builds understanding of industry trends, contributing to the development of standards and practices for the client's businesses and in areas of domain expertise.
- Extends functional expertise across multiple domains.
What you have...
- Undergraduate degree with on-going development and certifications.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills - both to lead a team and be credible with business product owners
- Experience with DevOps, Cloud and Salesforce application development lifecycle is a must.
- Experience using versioning control/continuous integrations tools such as Jenkins, ANT, Git, GitHub, BitBucket, Gerrit
- Expert knowledge in JIRA & Confluence tools
- Effective communicator both oral and written, with the ability to frame technology issues in business terms.
- Expertise in Incident Management, Release Management, Change Management, ITIL, Software Development Lifecycle (Waterfall and Agile)
- High proficiency with business concept/methods and models.
- Extends functional expertise across multiple domains.
- Certification in ITIL is an asset
Schedule: Full time
Shift: Day Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 160095
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.