Civil Engineering Specialist Co-op (216547)
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
About our Co-op Program:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your term with us! We’re looking for motivated students who want to make an impact. Your co-op experience at Rogers will prepare you for the real world and will empower you to take on challenging work after you graduate. Throughout your term, you’ll gain first-hand exposure to what life is like at our organization. You’ll work alongside industry professionals who will support your overall growth, and you’ll be responsible for business-impacting work that will help you transition into the various new grad opportunities we offer post-graduation. We want you to explore our organization so you can find your fit within it.
Civil Engineering Team:
The Civil Engineering team is responsible for the structural integrity of tower and mounts in the Rogers network. Each year we add new radio’s and antenna’s to our infrastructure causing additional loads to our structures. It’s the role of the Civil Engineering Specialist to review and analyse reports to ensure all tower’s and mounts comply with loading requirements and regulations.
Successful candidates will work along side Civil Engineers and specialist on a multitude of programs and support various departments with technical support during design and implementation.
Detailed responsibilities include:
• Engage Engineering consultants to complete site audits, Engineering Structural Analysis and Engineering Drawings for Capital augmentation work
• Review and approve site audits, Structural Analysis and Engineering Drawings based on Rogers Planning, Radio Engineering, Microwave and Equipment Engineering requirements
• Create Engineering Work Orders for base station facilities, enclosures, power systems, environmental systems, antenna support system and towers for capital build programs
• Ensure Base Station infrastructure safety and compliance to all applicable codes and standards and to Rogers Health and Safety standards
• Review and update Real Estate Work Orders from Radio System Engineering and Microwave Engineering with Civil Engineering requirements and distribute to NI Real Estate Regionally
• Support for Field Operations, Network Implementation, Radio Engineering, Transmission, and Equipment Engineering as needed for resolution of civil infrastructure issues
• Enforce Engineering Guidelines and Network Standards for Base Station facilities enclosures, power systems, environmental systems, antenna supporting structures and towers
• Engineering support for 3rd party incoming co-locates on Rogers owned towers
• Perform other duties as required consistent with the principle objectives of the position
• Enrolled in a Civil Engineering discipline or equivalent
• Familiarity with telecom and construction industry codes and standards, including relevant CSA standards and the Building Code
• Familiarity with Communication site infrastructure (HVAC, AC, DC Power)
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with Office and CAD software
• Ability to work in a team-based situation
• Valid drivers license an asset
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 216547
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.