Business Systems Analyst Co-op
At Rogers, we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the BU:
Consumer IT is at the centre of technology transformation at Rogers. Driving modern software engineering through cloud native development our teams are engaged in the latest technologies as they deliver new solutions for Rogers. We’re looking for someone who loves technology, is curious and confident, and can bring a business lens to the technology problems we are trying to solve. It’s a fast paced environment and you’ll contribute to our technology strategy, analysis and business case development.
What you will do…
• Assist the team with facilitating collaborative sessions with diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, impact analysis, identify influencer groups, review and prioritize
• Participate in various Agile ceremonies, alongside the Platform/Product Owner
• Writing and developing user stories, user acceptance test plan, strategies and leading the overall testing activities for medium to large initiatives
• Assist in developing use cases, defining and documenting processes and workflows, and how each class of user interacts with each system function
• Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives
• Working with QE to ensure testing is thoroughly completed and assist the team to manage the fix of defects
• Assist the team to provide ongoing requirements/build/testing support to the developers and QA team
• Maintain an overall understanding of all changes impacting overall solution of the platform
What you will bring…
• Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Business Technology Management or equivalent
• Demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation and tenacity to get the job done
• A strong sense to learn new technology, willing to jump in and think outside the box
• Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept in SDLC and different methodologies - Waterfall, Iterative and/or Agile environments, hybrid
• Organized with the ability to quickly prioritize and move with agility from one task to another with support from the team
• Ability to effectively assist the team facilitating collaborative sessions with large and diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and review
• High level understanding of API’s/Microservices architecture, AWS cloud architecture
• Knowledge/understanding of MS Office, SharePoint, Service Now, JIRA and Confluence applications, UML Diagrams: Use case diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Business process Model, and Notation, prototypes, wireframes using Microsoft Visio and Lucid Chart
• Excellent communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• A competitive salary
• Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
• A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 248387
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.