Business Systems Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
Rogers is seeking a Business Analyst for the Enterprise Data & Analytics team to play a key role in supporting the team to optimize processes, facilitating reusability and streamlining the development of the analytical solutions. Driving modern software engineering through cloud native development our teams are engaged in the latest technologies as they deliver new solutions for Rogers. We’re looking for someone who loves technology, is curious and confident, and can bring a business lens to the technology problems we are trying to solve. It’s a fast paced environment and you’ll contribute to our technology strategy, analysis and business case development.
What you will do…
- You will create financial analysis and models, business cases, define new IT capabilities and associated investments for Rogers.
- You will conduct research into new improved processes within the technology areas. Technical topics of study may include topics such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Native Development, Customer 360, Order Management, etc.
- You will create and pitch strategy documents which include defining a problem statement, completing quantitative and qualitative analysis, and making innovative recommendations in a concise and compelling manner
- Make recommendations regarding business processes and solutions that satisfy stakeholder needs
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as, enterprise architecture, engineering, and finance in conducting research and fulfilling the needs of your portfolio
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Undergraduate or master’s degree in Computer science or Business or equivalent
- Proven analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Software methodologies
- Strong communications (written & oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of presence - confident and comfortable working with senior management
- Strong time management capabilities, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and objectives
- Strong sense of initiative and a self-starter who can work equally well in groups or on their own
- Results oriented, flexible and willing to work in a multi-task and dynamic work environment
- Comfortable with assembling multiple points of view and finding a common ground
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience working with Atlassian tools (Jira Software and Confluence) is an asset
- Proven ability to learn and understand new technologies
- Passionate about Process Improvement and Creating innovative simple solutions to complex problems
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 234599
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.