Building Operator - Toronto Blue Jays
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Nature & Scope:
The primary function of the Building Operator is to maintain and operate the building mechanical equipment and resolve complex mechanical problems at Rogers Centre.
Note: This role requires the incumbent to work rotating twelve-hour shifts.
- Operating the heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems by adjusting computerized controls, which regulate the temperature within the building, and monitoring performance of the equipment
- Maintaining the heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems by checking the operation of the equipment, performing preventative maintenance on equipment as scheduled, recording boiler and chiller readings daily, troubleshooting all problems associated with the building automation to which all equipment are connected to, and repairing minor and complex equipment problems
- Maintaining the fire alarm systems by ensuring that all equipment is in working order, repairing broken equipment and testing equipment periodically
- Monitoring water treatment system by ensuring that the correct amounts of chemical are added and ensuring that the system is accurately tested
- Assistance to staff/tenants by repairing equipment or adjusting controls to meet their needs; resolving problems such as leaks, smells, folding door problems, etc.
- Acting as Team Lead during overnight shifts, the Building Operator will make decisions regarding the maintenance and operation of equipment or, in case of emergency, advise Sr. Management to obtain advice and guidance
- Required to meet deadlines (i.e. preventative maintenance programs) regularly. Deal with emergencies that may arise in a controlled and professional manner (i.e. fire alarms & floods)
- Ability to check content, controls and gauges, as well as operate and repair equipment such as mechanical fans, chillers, boilers, emergency generators, fire safety equipment, air conditioning units, washroom exhaust fans, seating supply fans, concourse fans, make-up air units, water treatment, lighting, etc.
- One to three years of experience in physical plant operations, HVAC and other related equipment preferably in a commercial hi-rise or mixed-use environment
- Knowledge of HVAC electrical/mechanical systems
- Knowledge and experience with Building Automation Systems
- BES (Building Environmental Systems) or in progress of obtaining this certification is preferred
- Experience operating in a commercial/ research facility greater than 350K sq. feet is preferred
- Familiarity with Johnson Controls Metasys is considered an asset
- Familiarity with Simplex 4100 Fire Panel is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Good mechanical, analytical, research and problem solving skills, working knowledge of Microsoft programs: Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Available to work regular rotating 12-hour shifts
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Legally able to work in Canada
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Baseball / Stadium Operations & Baseball Operations
Requisition ID: 156640
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.