At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
As Tech II Broadcast Technician, reporting to the Sr Manager of Radio Engineering – Alberta, your role will be: maintenance and repair of all aspects of the radio stations technical operations, including radio automation computer systems, studios and transmitter equipment. The successful candidate will contribute as a member of the team responsible for the technical support of Rogers Media Calgary radio stations: JACK FM, 660 News, CHFM, Sportsnet 960, and 106.5 Mountain FM in Canmore/ Banff as well as Lethbridge radio stations: 106.7 ROCK and 107.7 KiSS FM and Medicine Hat stations: 102.1 CJCY and 105.3 ROCK. The successful candidate will be based in Calgary and make occasional trips to Lethbridge, Medicine Hat and Canmore.
- Perform all aspects of hardware and software maintenance, repair and installation of audio (digital/ analog), automation and transmission equipment found in an AM/ FM radio plant.
- Develop studio and transmitter projects in conjunction with the Sr Manager of Radio Engineering.
- Develop and maintain engineering dept. records and drawings..
- Maintain stock for engineering parts and supplies.
- Collaborate with technical staff in other Rogers Alberta Radio markets regionally as well as nationally
- Liaise with other departments on technical matters.
- Assist with technical requirements for remote broadcasts
- 24-hour On Call to respond to emergencies
- Graduate of recognized Electronics Technician or Technologist program
- Minimum 1 yr experience in Radio Engineering
- Ability to work with minimal support as part of a collaborative team in a fast paced environment.
- Self motivated
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience with AM/ FM transmission systems up to 100Kw ERP.
- Knowledge and experience with AoIP systems, specifically Axia
- Knowledge and experience with radio automation system, specifically Wide Orbit
- Knowledge and experience with computer hardware, software and Local Area Networks.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate experience, aptitude or interest in audio
- The successful candidate will hold a valid Alberta Class 5 drivers license.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Broadcast Technicians
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.