Associate Producer - Breakfast Television
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER - Breakfast Television (part-time)
Breakfast Television, Toronto's longest-running Morning Show on CityTV, is looking for an Associate Producer, capable of using traditional and non-traditional media to provide industry leading coverage. Reporting to the Supervising Producer of Breakfast Television, the successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional editorial skills while producing compelling news and lifestyle content to inform and engage our morning audience.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working as part of a team on you will book guests and execute segments for both news and lifestyle interviews on BT
- Source stories and guests from a variety of outlets to create and present strategic daily content.
- Create, research and pitch segments
- Contribute to creative brainstorms on program and branded-content development
- Recognize deadlines and prioritize work accordingly.
- Ensure that content is factually and grammatically correct, and follows the designed style-guide.
- Participate in post-production meetings and critique sessions
- Setting up interviews and guests
- Producing segments and chats
- Other tasks as required
What You Have
- Minimum 3 years of television producing experience
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
- Superior writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Control room and field production experience an asset.
- A broadcast journalism diploma or equivalent experience
- Shift work required
- Sound communication skills.
- Social Media awareness
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 2 Months
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Editorial
Requisition ID: 143041
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.