Api Gateway Developer
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Video and Entertainment Services organization is looking for an API Gateway Developer that has real-world hands-on experience in design and development of packaged API Management solutions in a service operator ecosystem. Reporting to the Manager of Video Enablement Platform Development, the successful candidate will leverage their knowledge of API design patterns and software development best practices to lead the development and platform configuration/management for the CA API Gateway product (formerly known as Layer 7 API Gateway) and CA Developer Portal (also formerly part of the Layer 7 suite)
This position requires creativity, innovation, strong communication skills, and collaborates with various cross functional teams
- Lead design sessions to determine and identify functional and technical requirements on the basis of interactions with the users and knowledge of the software architecture
- Development and documentation of detailed designs and diagrams for coding, testing and debugging based on the high-level designs and requirements
- Development and implementation of the detailed designs
- On-board new API's into the API Gateway w/ appropriate security, data translation & transformation policies according to high level designs
- Provide quality assurance and participate in code reviews, both as a reviewer and a reviewee
- Support troubleshooting in dev, staging and, if necessary, production environments
- Interact with project management to plan projects schedules and technical direction.
- Provide evaluation of existing and new software products
- Mentor junior developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- Works closely with the IT/Network architects and the different cross functional teams
- Collaboration: Involves others to leverage additional knowledge or skills that lead to increased understanding.
- Initiative: Proactively identifies present and future obstacles, issues, and opportunities. Takes actions to address such obstacles.
- Innovation: Motivated to improve organizational performance through the introduction of new ideas, methods, processes, products, or services. Develops new ways of looking at a situation.
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to express oneself and communicate with others verbally ? it includes tone, style and structure and the ability to produce a variety of technical and business documents that demonstrate command of language, organization of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of software design/development and API Management experience in an agile/iterative delivery structure and is viewed as a subject matter expert
- Solid experience working with API Management/Gateway platforms (any vendor – e.g. Apigee, Akana, Layer 7, CA) is preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of basic networking, Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability as well as XML/JSON data formats
- Technical expertise in SSL/TLS, PKI and certificate based authentication, LDAP, HTTP Proxies and Web Servers, OAuth2
- Strong technical aptitude, communication skills and willingness to learn a new application/domain are a must
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Understands, advocates, and supports the integration of network technology strategies
- Originality and ingenuity are required for devising practical and economical solutions to problems
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Programming
Requisition ID: 137321
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.