Sales Business Development Consultant
Business Development Consultant
This position will cover the territory of Fort McMurray and area
Are you looking for an outside sales career with a company that integrates state of the art hardware, software, consulting and support services? Ricoh Canada Inc. is a leading provider of document solutions. Ricoh's fully integrated hardware and software products help businesses share information efficiently and effectively by enabling customers to control the input, management and output of documents.
Ricoh offers a competitive sales compensation plan including base salary, uncapped commissions, an expense allowance and the opportunity to achieve monthly, semi-annual and annual performance based bonuses and incentives. Ricoh helps you thrive as a sales representative by providing award-winning sales training and an excellent support structure such as sales marketing. Ricoh values their employees and wants their employees to succeed with their career goals; Ricoh assists with career development by promoting from within the organization and assisting with continuing education.
The Business Development Consultant is an expert of the entire Ricoh portfolio of products and services. They can competently differentiate the solutions for the customer, as well as differentiate the solution from the competitors. The Business Development Consultant will have a designated list of existing business accounts and net new business accounts. The primary focus is to retain and expand sales revenue in assigned account base as well as drive new market share.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- New business prospecting and development, including cold calling; scheduling and conducting client introductions, face to face client meetings; preparing presentations, demonstrations, proposals, and value propositions to assigned accounts
- Protect existing account base and increase revenue and profitability within the account
- Continuously maintaining sustained sales activities within all accounts
- Reviews sales leads, pending orders and lease upgrades, developing action plans to progress each cycle
- Meets or exceeds revenue and gross profit expectations
- Utilizes sales database, salesforce.com to ensure information is updated daily on accounts in pipeline, maintain a record of all activities inside of each account and identifies competitive information on accounts
- Maintains knowledge of Managed Document Services (MDS) value proposition including; software applications, managed services and features and benefits of all models of equipment offered
- Attend training and associated workshops to increase product knowledge and to stay abreast of company products, services and pricing as well as familiarity with competitor products and pricing
- Establishes relationships with current and prospective customers through a variety of selling techniques (Ricoh's 3D Sales Approach)
- Commitment to professional development
- College Diploma or University Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct B2B sales; industry selling experience is preferred.
- Strong negotiating skills with ability to effectively turnaround objections and work around business obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly development business relationships
- Strong analytical skills with preparing business proposals
- Possesses strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong self-motivation to drive results
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Effective use of Lotus Notes and Salesforce.com, and MS Office
- Requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation required (and auto insurance coverage per Ricoh's policy)
Ricoh is a fantastic place to work, it offers flexible work schedules, career advancement opportunities and competitive compensation plans. As a Ricoh employee you'll receive a competitive base salary and incentive compensation (sales and non-sales positions), full medical and dental plan, a group RRSP matching plan, education assistance allowance, robust internal training courses, general health wellness programs, and exclusive employee discounts including gym memberships, car dealerships and computers! At Ricoh we focus on creating a great environment to work, we always have fun contests and community fund raising events all year round!
ABOUT RICOH CANADA:
Ricoh Canada Inc. is a leading provider of document solutions. Ricoh's fully integrated hardware and software products help businesses share information efficiently and effectively by enabling customers to control the input, management and output of documents. Ricoh Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ricoh Americas Corporation with its head office located in Toronto, employing over 2,100 employees nation-wide.