RG Check Program Analyst
The Responsible Gambling Council (RGC) is a leading international authority on responsible gambling—providing insights to industry stakeholders through its research and problem gambling prevention programs, as well as accrediting responsible gambling initiatives offered by gaming companies operating within regulated markets across the globe.
RGC spent over a decade developing the most comprehensive and rigorous set of responsible gaming standards for land-based and online gambling. Based in Toronto, RGC operates independently from the gaming industry, allowing it to offer unbiased insights and services related to responsible gambling.
As part of its prevention mandate, RGC established RG Check, an accreditation program for gaming venues and gambling internet sites. RG Check accreditation provides an independent assessment of gaming venues’ and websites’ responsible gambling programs, measured against standards developed by the Responsible Gambling Council.
More information can be found at: http://www.rgcheck.com/
Reporting to the Manager, Accreditation, the RG Check Program Analyst is responsible for planning and implementing the accreditation process for gaming venues registered with the program. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and scheduling with government Crown corporations and gaming venue operators
- Collecting corporate and venue documents and materials, conducting site visits, staff interviews, and patron and staff surveys
- Analyzing and assessing venue documentation and data against established standards
- Writing business reports
This position requires exceptional research and analytical skills, as well as good communication, organizational and writing skills. A high level of professionalism is required. Travel throughout Canada and internationally will be required at times (approximately one to two weeks, three times a year). Salary range: $44,000 to $56,000 per annum, plus excellent benefits.
Education and Experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with a post-secondary degree in social sciences, business, or communications
- One to three years of experience working in an office environment preferred
- Strongly proficient in Excel and/or other data analysis software
Required Skills and Attributes
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; able to clearly and concisely identify key points and organize them in a logical manner
- Good verbal communication and interview skills; ability to interact with staff from a variety of positions from frontline to senior level
- Ability to remain objective and consider all relevant information and data
- Excellent report writing skills
- Project coordination and scheduling experience
- Ability to organize and analyze data
- Ability to identify anomalies and escalate to senior staff for further input and resolution
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve deliverables
- Self-motivated and able to function independently within a team environment
- Knowledge of the gaming industry an asset
- Ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin an asset, in addition to fluently speaking and writing in English
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
The Responsible Gambling Council is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process and workplace. Please let us know if you require accommodation under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
While we thank all individuals for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email a resume with a cover letter by October 31, 2018 to:
Responsible Gambling Council
411 Richmond Street East, Suite 205
Toronto, ON M5A 3S5
Attn. RG Check Program Analyst
Email address: email@example.com
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org