Geo Tech Student
Join the Repsol team
We provide the opportunity to grow professionally and develop your career at one of the world’s leading international energy companies. At Repsol, you will work on challenging projects with some of the best and brightest of your peers in the energy industry.
Position overview and Responsibilities:
In this role the student will be embedded in Repsol’s Petrotechnical Services team within the Canadian Delivery Unit to provide geotechnical support to the asset teams. The student will be supervised by a senior Technologist. Specific tasks could include constructing geological cross-sections, generating a well database, loading geological and geophysical data, and organizing data. Each project will serve to support Repsol’s producing properties, undeveloped land, and/or new exploration opportunities. At the end of the work term, a final presentation will be presented to the geoscience management team.
- Create and update Petrel projects and Studio repositories
- Extract data from source systems, like Accumap, IHS Data Manager, DataFinder and transform and preparation of sub-surface data types
- The candidate will extract/format subsurface data sets, conduct quality control and clean-up data to adhere to Petrotechnical Standards
- Participate in quality assurance/checks of loaded data, incremental updates to both Petrel projects and Studio
- Support asset geo-technologists where required
- SegyTool analysis of seismic data
- Loading 2D and 3D seismic surveys
- Liase with asset teams, IT, data management, data governance and GIS teams
In this role the student will learn basic functionality of industry leading software including Petrel, Studio, and Accumap, and confidently create and update active projects for a dynamic team of Geologists, Geophysicists and Petrophysicists.
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications:
- Enrolled in the Geological or Geophysical Technology program first or second year
- Exposure to any G&G software packages would be an asset, but not a requirement
- Some work experience in the field of geological technology would be an asset, but is not a requirement.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products especially Excel would be an asset
- Detail-oriented, a strong analytical background
- Demonstrate an understanding and enthusiasm for the oil and gas industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a variety of technical and non technical staff
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Professional conduct is fundamental to success in this position
- Proven organizational and time management skills and excellent problem solving skills
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
- Please ensure you create a profile on our Workday database and upload your Resume, Cover Letter, and Unofficial Transcript as one document.
- Only the applications with an Unofficial Transcript attached will be considered.
- By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.