Financial Reporting Student
Join the Repsol team
We provide the opportunity to grow professionally and develop your career at one of the world’s leading international energy companies. At Repsol, you will work on challenging projects with some of the best and brightest of your peers in the energy industry.
If you are looking for an interesting and awarding opportunity along with exposure to a wide variety of business areas, Repsol Canada’s Financial Reporting Group is currently seeking a Financial Reporting Student for an 8-month term starting in September 2018. Reporting to the Team Lead Financial Reporting, the successful candidate will provide accounting support to the Financial Reporting Group.
Repsol’s student employment program offers the following advantages:
- Mentoring by experienced professionals
- Increasing levels of challenge and responsibility as skill and industry knowledge grow
- The opportunity to gain hands-on experience and apply your academic knowledge
- Exposure to different technical groups across the company
- Technical and software training
- Preparation and validation of month end reports
- Preparation of account reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly journal entries
- Acquisition and divestiture project work
- In third or fourth year of a Commerce program majoring in either Accounting or Finance
- Returning to post-secondary education following the completion of the co-op term
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word
Competencies and Skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce accurate results
- Analytical mindset with proven experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Quick learner and motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Openness to supporting the broader team in whatever capacity is required
Please create a Workday account profile and upload your resume and an unofficial transcript.
Only applications with both of these documents uploaded will be considered.
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered
- Some relocation support may be provided
Repsol is a global energy company with a diverse team of more than 25,000 employees. We have a solid growth plan driven by our most important asset: people.
Repsol is one of the world’s leading integrated global energy companies. Our upstream division takes advantage of cutting-edge technology to support our many challenging exploration and production projects. Our downstream division boasts some of Europe's best refineries. The top professionals that we have working in more than 37 countries worldwide contribute to the shared growth of the company and the overall success of the Repsol team.