Financial Reporting Student
Repsol is an integrated global energy company with extensive sector experience, with a diverse team of more than 27,000 employees. Our way of doing things is based on our corporate values that bring us together and motivate us to work respectfully and ahead of schedule. Furthermore, we help our employees achieve their professional goals by offering long-term development opportunities in a unique work environment.
Repsol in Canada formerly known as Talisman Energy Inc. is located in Calgary with two field offices in Chauvin and Edson. We are present along the entire value chain integrating upstream and downstream activities, and working to offer the best energy solutions for society and the planet. We operate in the areas with the most energy potential around the world, and have one of the most efficient refining systems in Europe.
Term Length: 8 months
Employment type: Student
Position close date: October 8th, 2017
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Repsol Oil and Gas is a large, diversified, oil and gas producer with domestic and international exploration and development projects. To drive our ongoing success, we are looking for self-motivated, creative students to join our team of technical experts. Students at Repsol benefit from a rich learning environment full of challenge and responsibility.
By combining our rapid growth with your talent, the Repsol success story is sure to continue. The North America Operations (NAO) Financial Reporting group currently has a co-op student position available commencing January 2018.
Reporting to the Team Lead Financial Reporting, the successful candidate will provide accounting support to the Financial Reporting Group. The specific areas of responsibility include:
- Preparation and validation of month end reports
- Preparation of account reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly journal entries
- Acquisition and divestiture project work
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- In the third or fourth year Commerce program majoring in either Accounting or Finance
- Have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Possess the ability to pay attention to detail and produce accurate results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and a strong analytical background
Repsol’s student employment program also offers the following advantages:
- Mentoring by experienced professionals.
- Increasing levels of challenge and responsibility as skill and industry knowledge grow
- The opportunity to gain hands-on experience and apply your academic knowledge.
- Exposure to different technical groups across the company.
- Technical and software training.
Please upload the following documents with your application and make sure that you title each document with your name:
- Cover Letter
Only the applications with an unofficial transcript attached will be considered.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.