Finance and Administration Assistant
The Refugee Hub at University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law was founded in 2012 by Professor Jennifer Bond. Since its inception, the Hub has both generated cutting-edge research and provided responsive policy and program interventions in support of refugees in Canada and around the world. Our mission is to foster justice and human rights for refugees through innovative research, programs and partnerships.
The Refugee Hub is seeking a part-time Finance and Administration Assistant to work closely with the Hub’s Director of Finance and Administration and the Operations Coordinator to support the day-to-day financial activities of the Refugee Hub including tracking Hub expenses, inputting expenses, supporting staff interfaces with the uOttawa financial systems, and contributing to the work of the Finance and Operations Team. This role is a unique opportunity to work with a creative, dynamic and growing team to support some of the most exciting projects within the refugee protection space.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-organized, self-motivated person who excels at problem-solving, organization, coordination, and also demonstrates a high degree of professionalism. This is a part-time position (15 hours per week at 25$ per hour) based in Ottawa, Ontario. We are seeking highly motivated candidates and encourage interested candidates to apply by Monday February 11, as we will be conducting our first rolling interviews starting Wednesday, February 13, 2019 until the position is filled.
Specific duties include:
- Day-to-day financial management including but not limited to: reviewing, submitting and tracking Hub expenses, corresponding with other Finance Team members to ensure they have timely access to all required information, and corresponding with external stakeholders about payments
- In cooperation with the Finance Team, liaise with the uOttawa Accounting and Procurement staff regularly, and build a strong knowledge of uOttawa policies and procedures
- In cooperation with the Hub Director, contributing to the administrative needs of the Hub, both helping to resolve emerging issues as well as proactively identifying and building the team’s administrative efficiencies. This includes the preparation of documents for meetings, organizing and maintaining office common areas, maintaining office supply inventory, amongst other tasks.
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field; business or management degree with an accounting major preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, coordination and tracking skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive problem solving and process improvement
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated maturity, tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner capable of exercising personal judgment and flexibility
- High proficiency with office technology and Microsoft suite, and particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment on a wide range of tasks and projects, including ability to prioritize
If you are interested in contributing to the work of the Refugee Hub as our new Finance and Administration Assistant, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Finance and Administration Assistant” in the subject line. We will be conducting rolling interviews starting Wednesday February 13, 2019 until the position is filled.