Digital Officer (Part-time)
The University of Ottawa Refugee Hub was founded in 2012, and our mission is to foster justice and human rights for refugees at local, national, and international levels through innovative research, programs and partnerships. We are supported in our work by a team of in-house experts, a wide range of consultants, and a broad and diverse community of partners and stakeholders.
The Refugee Hub is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) Digital Officer to join our team. Working closely with the Outreach Officer and Hub Director, the Digital Officer will lead the online and design portfolios of the communications file within the Hub. Duties will include:
- Provide leadership and ongoing maintenance of the Refugee Hub’s online presence, including a refresh of our website, building our media engagement, and ensuring regular and impactful social media engagement
- Develop and design promotional materials and other communications resources for the Hub
- Support the development of our knowledge management tools and platform
- Monitor and report on engagement metrics and maintain up-to-date and organized records of the digital communications activities of the Refugee Hub
This is a part-time position based in Ottawa, Ontario and is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious communications professional to build digital communications and design skills while gaining practical exposure to a broad range of development and program activities. The annual salary range for this role is 50 to 60K per year, prorated to part-time hours.
The ideal candidate will be an organized, creative professional with experience managing websites and social media accounts for NGOs, and the ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment. They will also possess strong interpersonal and written communication skills and be comfortable working at a fast pace on a variety of files.
- A university degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience working in a not-for-profit project environment, including
- Experience managing websites and social media accounts for a not-for-profit organization
- Experience designing online and print materials for communications and fundraising purposes
- Proven written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to tailor messages and writing to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated maturity, tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Familiarity with refugee issues, global and domestic politics, intergovernmental or public affairs, community sponsorship, or other related areas will also be considered an asset.
If you are interested in contributing to the work of the Refugee Hub as our new Digital Officer, please submit your CV and cover letter by November 21, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Digital Officer” in the subject line. Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so early applications are encouraged.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com