Positions Available: 1
Compensation: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 Per Annum
Unionized Position: No
Hours of Work: 9:00am to 5:00pm – Monday to Friday
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Reporting to the Director of Health Services, the Procurement Specialist plays a key role on our Community Shared Services team. This group offers a suite of innovative services to support local Community Health Service Providers (HSPs) within the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (TC LHIN). Working closely with HSPs, the Procurement Specialist’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the team lead on procurement, vendor contract and strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Document and understand client requirements and develop appropriate sourcing strategies to best suit their needs.
- Build and maintain positive stakeholder relations.
- Support the development of procurement documents, including Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ)
- Negotiate specifications, pricing, delivery, and other terms with vendors/manufacturers on behalf of the client.
- Research alternate sourcing options including products and services to find the best value for money solutions.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree and/or College diploma in Business, IT, Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum two years experience in strategic sourcing and supplier management.
- Minimum two years experience in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Preferred knowledge of Ontario Government procurement directives, guidelines, policies and procedures.
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Strong administrative skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Results oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively initiate and maintain influential business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and Adobe. Experience with Visio an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an asset.
- Criminal background check.
- May be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the position.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, by Monday, December 17, 2018. Please reference "Procurement Specialist" in the subject line.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.