Mental Health Worker - Part-Time
Positions Available: 1
Unionized Position: Yes
Union: OPSEU L5116
Position Type: Part-Time Permanent
Job Number: 2016032
Job Class: Clinical
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based organization that provides mental health, addictions and community support services to individuals 16 years of age and older.
Reconnect Community Health Services offers a wide range of programs, treatment, support and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
The Mental Health Worker at our Short-Term Crisis Beds Program will provide on-site assessment, intake, and support as well as liaison with existing supports and assistance with goal setting and planning, to clients of this program in West Toronto.
Set weekly shifts which are available include:
Position #15 Shifts (20 Hours per week; 28 hours every 3rd week)
Monday – Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm
Rotational Weekends – Saturday and Sunday – 8:00am to 12:00pm
- develops respectful and trusting relationships with clients;
- co-ordinates client access to short-term crisis beds;
- develops service plans and goals in partnership with clients;
- develops and implements planned strategies in partnership with clients;
- liaises and collaborates with other short-term crisis bed providers;
- provides a variety of individualized on-site supports including, but not limited to, addressing immediate short-term housing needs, accessing financial aid, assessing medical supports, working with families, crisis prevention / intervention, advocacy, referrals to other services, etc.;
- liaises and collaborates with other mental health and justice service providers, mobile crisis teams, hospitals, physicians, community workers, substance abuse programs, landlords and family members on behalf of clients;
- establishes case management links with other resources (within both Reconnect and the community);
- delivers all services in a professional manner and according to established guidelines and associated benchmarks;
- maintains accurate and complete clinical records;
- actively participate in household tasks including cleaning and domestic routines
- Minimum Community College Diploma in social services or related field,
- experience with and sound knowledge of the Criminal Justice System as it relates to persons with mental health issues,
- at least two years, work experience in mental health (community experience is an asset);
- knowledge of mental illness issues, the mental health system and other concepts related to the effects of serious mental illness,
- working knowledge of psycho-social rehabilitation and recovery principles;
- experience in provision of residential / housing supports to adults with serious mental illness;
- excellent skills in mental health assessments;
- excellent skills in crisis intervention and case management;
- able to work independently and as part of a team;
- able to work collaboratively in complex community settings;
- excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- familiar with relevant legislation (e.g., Mental Health Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act),
- knowledge of housing, health care and community resources,
- knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of gender, race, sexual orientation and multicultural issues.
- Working in a 24/7 Residential Setting
- Interacts with client, family members, staff, visitors and other care providers
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B and C viruses.
Compensation Type: Hourly
Hourly Rate: $19.49 - $25.60 per Hour
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications are invited to complete an online application, as well as submit a cover letter and resume through the link below, no later than Thursday, October 18, 2018.
Recruitment System Link: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6117738.jobs?ApplyToJob=218304258
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.