Case Manager - Transitional Aged Youth (TAY)
Positions Available: 2
Unionized Position: Yes
Union: OPSEU L5116
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Clinical
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based organization that provides mental health, addictions and community support services to individuals 15 years of age and older.
Reconnect Community Health Services offers a wide range of programs, treatment, support and help to individuals 15 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
The TAY Case Manager provides case management support to transitional aged youth between the ages of 15-24 who are living with mental health and addiction issues in the west end of Toronto. The TAY Case Manager will promote independence and quality of life through the coordination of appropriate services and the provision of on-going support to youth who are transitioning into adulthood.
Case management at Reconnect Community Health Services is a strength-based approach that helps clients achieve specific desired outcomes leading to a healthy self-reliance and interdependence with their community. It represents a collaborative, multi-step process designed to identify goals and ensure timely access to, and coordination of, supportive services. The Reconnect case management process is an approach characterized by attention to health care goals, and to facilitate client access to services and entitlements, and effective resource management to promote service quality and positive client outcomes.
- Regularly meet with clients in the community;
- Active outreach in the community
- Initiate intakes and conduct needs assessments;
- Develop and implement a plan of care with short and long-term objectives, with ongoing monitoring until clients can be discharged from service;
- Provide case management services which include assessment, intensive case management, long term planning, and follow up services when needed;
- Provide addictions/concurrent disorder support and clinical counselling with emphasis on harm reduction;
- Screen and respond to crisis calls initiated by clients, family members, friends, health care providers, and community agencies;
- Refer and link clients and caregivers to a range of community resources, including housing, legal supports, health supports, meals, drop-in centres, social recreational program, clothing exchanges, etc.;
- Monitor clients to supervise care, identify additional needs, and mitigate risks;
- Provide support and resource information to family/ or caregivers;
- Carry out case management and service delivery/client contact documentation requirement in a timely and professional manner;
- Work closely with youth and adult services, transitional care, acute care, emergency departments, rehabilitation centres, and other professionals, agencies and groups, to identify problems and possible solutions for service provision and improvement.
- Has a university degree and/or Community College Diploma in social services or related field – BSW, MSW or CYC degree, an asset
- 3 Years related experience in direct service delivery to transitional aged youth with serious mental health and substance use issues
- Demonstrated experience supporting youth with mental health and substance use issues from a recovery and harm reduction approach
- Demonstrated experience working with youth who are hard to engage
- Experience and knowledge in crisis intervention and prevention
- Experience in mediating conflict
- Proven ability in case management and supportive counselling skills.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated information and referral skills; and ability to effectively link clients to supportive services.
- Excellent knowledge of community resources with a particular focus on youth and adult services in Toronto.
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to work from a client-centered approach
- Ability to exercise good judgment and flexibility
- Applied computer skills (MS office, word, excel, and Internet).
- Ability to use case management software is an asset
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of gender, race, sexual orientation and multi-cultural issues is required
- Valid Driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays as required
- Office work, community settings, meetings in client’s home or on the phone and travel with clients
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
- Interacts with clients, family members, staff, visitors and other care providers.
Compensation Type: Salary
- Salary Range: $47,000.00 to $61,406.00
- Interviews: Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Hours of Work:
- 37.50 Hours per week
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours/evenings/weekends
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications are invited to complete an online application, as well as submit a cover letter and resume through the link below, no later than Thursday, October 18, 2018
Recruitment System Link: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6117738.jobs?ApplyToJob=218304257
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West