Case Manager - Transitional Aged Youth
Positions Available: 2
Compensation: $47,000.00 to $61,406.00 Per Annum
Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Unionized Position: Yes
Union: OPSEU L5116
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Clinical
Reporting to Reconnect’s clinical program managers, The Transitional Aged Youth (TAY) Case Manager will provide case management support to youth between the ages of 15-24 who are living with mental health and addiction issues in the west end of Toronto. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate in supporting youth with mental health and addiction issues who are transitioning into adulthood and is motivated to promote independence and quality of life through the coordination of appropriate services. The TAY Case Manager’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Active outreach in the community.
- Initiate intakes and conduct needs assessments.
- Provide case management services which include assessment, intensive case management, long term planning, and follow up services when needed.
- Develop and implement a plan of care with short and long-term objectives, with ongoing monitoring until clients can be discharged from service.
- Provide addictions/concurrent disorder support and clinical counselling with emphasis on harm reduction.
- Refer and link clients and caregivers to a range of community resources, including housing, legal supports, health supports, meals, drop-in centres, social recreational program, clothing exchanges, etc.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree and/or Community College Diploma in social services or related field – BSW, MSW or CYC degree, an asset.
- Minimum three years of related experience in direct service delivery to transitional aged youth with serious mental health and substance use issues.
- Demonstrated experience working with youth who are hard to engage.
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of community resources with a particular focus on youth and adult services in Toronto.
- Ability to work from a client-centered approach.
- Applied computer skills (MS office, word, excel, and Internet).
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of gender, race, sexual orientation and multi-cultural issues is required.
- Valid Driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle.
- Criminal background check.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a Toronto based not-for-profit offering a wide range of programs, treatment, support services and help to individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services include Adult Day Services, Case Management, Home Help and Personal Care, Meals on Wheels, Therapeutic Falls Prevention, Mental Health Multidisciplinary Teams, Addictions Case Management, Crisis Outreach and Crisis Beds.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Monday, December 17, 2018. Please reference "Case Manager - Transitional Aged Youth" in the subject line.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.