The Payroll Manager works collaboratively as a member of the Finance Department and is responsible for the administration of employment contracts, group benefits as well as other payroll and benefit associated duties. The Payroll Manager is also responsible for providing confidential advice, information, and consultative services to Public Outreach staff in the areas of payroll and benefits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process bi-weekly, hourly, salaried, multi-jurisdictional payroll for Canadian and US employees.
- Processing salary and hourly payroll for multiple provinces and offices.
- Advise the management team, staff, and line managers on issues of pay, tax, employment insurance, group benefits and other voluntary deductions. This involves interpreting legislation and regulations to ensure correct advice is given.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to Public Outreach privacy policies and laws and regulations concerning privacy.
- Liaise with external agencies e.g. CRA, , Ministry of Labour, CPA, IRS, US state agencies etc. to plan new initiatives, verify information held by the PO in respect of employment, Tax, employment insurance and pension plan; ensure government remittances are correct and on time.
- Assist in the administration of employee programs (e.g. health benefits, pension, and so on).
- Preparation of ROE’s, and ability to answer questions from Service Canada about ROE submissions.
- Year End tasks include but are not limited to: Verify payroll for the year, fill out statements for Workers’ Compensation agencies in various provinces, Revenue Quebec RL1, and Ontario Employer Health Tax.
- Coach Payroll & Benefits Administrators (1-2 employees). Conduct weekly check-ins, performance assessments, and pay reviews. Set goals with team members and follow up on progress.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the Payroll and Benefits offices.
- Design and facilitate training for team members.
- Detail oriented and highly organized, while maintaining perspective and understanding the big picture.
- Certification or pursuing a certification from the Canadian Payroll Association is preferred
- Experience with ADP and/or Paychex payroll processing systems an asset
- Ability to execute written correspondence, reports, and organize data
- Fluency in both French and English is an asset
- Have good conduct and attitude
ABOUT PUBLIC OUTREACH
Dedicated to building a sustainable charitable sector, Public Outreach is a face-to-face and telephone fundraising agency that provides monthly donor recruitment and strategic solutions for non-profits and charities. Our honest, respectful and effective practices result in high-quality donor interactions. Our targeted acquisition campaigns work because of our passionate and articulate fundraisers who are trained professional employees, paid a guaranteed wage. Our partners can count on us to be at doorsteps, on street corners, the telephone and in malls around the world signing up high-value monthly donors.