PTP Adult Learning and Employment Programs (PTP) is a community-based organization with two locations in Toronto. Our vision is to empower people to learn and find work they value.
Our mission is to provide basic skills education, job search and related services to individuals preparing for employment, training, or further education. We work to enhance the economic and social circumstances of our participants by creating a rich learning environment where participants identify their interests, develop literacy and Essential Skills, explore employment goals, and discover individual pathways to success.
Hours: 35 hours a week 8:30 to 4:30 – Thursday evening hours required
Position: Full-time Contract to March 31, 2019 (with possibility of renewal)
Reports to: Program Manager
The Employment Counsellor is responsible for delivering many key components of Employment Services including, but not limited to, intake and assessment, developing a mutually agreed upon service goals, case management of clients and facilitating workshops on a variety of job search topics, ensuring individual service outcomes and service delivery standards targets are met. The Employment Counsellor is expected to keep up with changes in the field of employment counselling, have current knowledge of Toronto’s job market, trends, employment, apprenticeships, education and training opportunities and resources, and, together with colleagues, develop and maintain innovative services that achieve the highest standards in employment service practices.
• Meeting monthly performance targets based on number of Assisted Service Participants set by the Program Manager
• Conducting intake and assessments with potential participants
• Assessing participants employability readiness and identifying employment skills and supports required to be competitively employed
• Referring clients to appropriate programs or other community services if suitable
• Developing employment service plans required to meet participants vocational or educational goals
• Providing individual guidance with all aspects of career decision-making, training research, and job search techniques to reach goals of sustainable employment
• Assisting participants to develop resumes and cover letters ensuring they are effective and appropriate representations of the participants’ skills and qualifications
• Supporting participants in conducting job search based on realistic and accurate assessment of qualifications and employer expectations through research of information provided within posting
• Determining the need and suitability for job development services and making referrals
• Working with Job Developer to assist with participants placements and job maintenance
• Liaising with community professionals and employers to create competitive employment opportunities
• Facilitating training, including Second Career, application completion and submission
• Planning and delivering individual and group workshops, internally/externally, on employability skills, local labour market information, apprenticeships, job search and interview skills, and information sessions
• Developing and maintaining accurate and detailed, reports, cases notes and documentation related participants files
• Managing individual and team administrative duties: scheduling appointments for participants, completing necessary paperwork, maintaining participant and filing system
• Attending meetings as required
• Adhering to PTP policies
• Undertaking other assignments as required
• A post-secondary education in Career and Work Counseling, Adult Education or a related field and/or minimum 3 years directly related work experience
• Strong knowledge of labour market trends, employment counselling / facilitation and presentation techniques to facilitate adult learning
• A strong desire to work with people who face multiple barriers to employment
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer skills: MS Office, the Internet; EOIS-CaMS
• Strong administrative skills, detail-oriented, and well-organized
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Milena Lomovic at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. PTP will provide accommodation during all steps of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. Please advise us if you need any accommodation.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com