Junior Fluid Power Designer
Prodomax is looking for a Junior Fluid Power Designer to join our team. The incumbent will have an Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist or Technician Diploma and report directly to the Controls/Electrical Design/Robotics Manager. New graduates will be considered based on previous experience and education.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Design of Hydraulic-Pneumatic Weld Shield Gas and Cooling Water systems for machinery
- Develop and handle software to create standards
- Provide technical support to skilled trades, designers, and sales teams
- Attend design review meetings
- Develop valve mounting and fluid power routing within design assemblies
- Provide design documentation including:
- Component specifications and approval based on customer requirements
- Safety Architecture and plan layouts for safety audit purposes
- Load calculations on fluid power distribution systems
- Provide fluid power schematics and bill of materials based on system design
- Trouble-shoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Select and purchase components (valves, fittings, pipe, tubing and hydraulic power units)
- Develop efficient means and standards to ensure budgets and schedules are met
- Possess working knowledge of relevant machine safety standards
- Possess good understanding of other project disciplines – Electrical and Mechanical Design
- Perform load and distribution calculations for resistance welding, MIG welding and assembly production lines.
We have mountain bikers, road bikers, skiers, golfers, runners, video game heroes, musicians, community volunteers, race car drivers, fitness enthusiasts, hockey players, outdoor sportspeople, TV & potato chip experts, single people, family people, and every other variety of people. Everyone is welcome.
Our Hiring Process:
- Send your submission directly to Jane, our Director of Human Resources and tell us how you meet our skill requirements. Our preference is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or LinkedIn.
- Your submission will be reviewed by HR, Senior Management and the Co-CEO’s.
- Welcome to the team – formal orientation – new employee welcome luncheon with your department, other new employees, Senior Management team and the Co-CEO’s – position specific training – your new career begins.
- Safe, clean, and flexible work environment
- $1,000 referral fee if you recommend an approved permanent hire – family & friends included
- Competitive Salary
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Comprehensive Group Health & Dental Benefit Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Casual Business Dress
- Employee Training and Development
- Reimbursement for Professional Fees
- Annual Performance Management Review
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Partial Tuition Reimbursement for Employees’ Children (enrolled in technical program at recognized college/university)
- Reimbursement for Safety Shoes and Safety Glasses
- Events & Fundraising Committee and Employees Event
- Service recognition and Prodomax Employee Excellence Recognition (PEER) Awards
Prodomax provides dynamic career opportunities in a fast-paced, safe and inclusive work environment. You are minutes away from the GO Station for a trip to Toronto or a walk on the beautiful Lakeshore. Barrie has something for everyone. Just ask our people. If this opportunity sounds like an environment you would thrive in, send your submission now. If not, forward to someone you think may be interested in applying.