Junior Content Writer (New Grad)
In the last 5 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 30,000,000 students across North America (including 80% of all Ontario students), and is currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Imagine your favourite video game as a kid. Now imagine that game with the math curriculum built into it. That’s Prodigy — the free, adaptive math game loved by more than 30 million students and teachers around the world. In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 3,000 local users to over 30 million worldwide. Today, we’re the fastest-growing software company in Canada!
As a Junior Content Writer, you’ll work on Prodigy’s rapidly-growing marketing team, delivering materials to attract and engage new Prodigy users. Creating a range of content to generate and convert traffic, your work will engage and activate millions of teachers, parents, and school leaders around the globe!
Even if you don’t have professional writing experience, don’t be afraid to apply. If you’re a great writer who’s a team player and hungry to start a marketing career, we’d be delighted to talk to you.
In your first year, you will:
- Write a variety of clear and engaging content — including email, web copy, success stories and white papers — to get users excited about Prodigy
- Craft long-form posts for the Prodigy Blog to attract new and returning visitors
- Work closely with the content marketing lead to support marketing campaigns
- Learn how to use data-driven insights from a range of reporting tools to write better material
- Learn key content marketing principles such as search engine optimization (SEO) and writing for the web
- Strong writing and editing skills, allowing you to concisely communicate complex concepts
- An editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences need and enjoy
- Genuine passion for continuous learning and professional development
- The ability to adapt and improve your writing and content based on specific guidelines and editorial feedback
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
You’ve have an edge with:
- A degree in English, journalism, creative writing or a similar discipline
- Experience — or a genuine interest in — writing on topics related to teaching, EdTech and math education for Grades 1-8
- An existing portfolio of written content demonstrating your awesome writing skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.