Junior Business Development Representative (Recent Grads)
In the last 6 years, Prodigy has gone from 3,000 to over 50,000,000 students registered globally. We are currently the fastest growing educational startup in North America, with offices in Burlington, Toronto and India. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning, while working alongside some of the brightest and most passionate people in education and gaming.
Want to start your sales career at the fastest growing software company in Canada? Our Junior Business Development Representative role is designed to provide individuals with hands-on experience in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will receive training and mentoring from our team while you build up your prospecting, qualification, and lead management skills.
Your mission in this role will be to fill the sales team's pipeline with qualified leads. You will manage your territory, prospect, and initiate contact with math coaches, principals, and vice principals in schools across the United States. All of this contributes to our company’s ultimate mission of helping every child across North America to love learning.
- Learn about game-based learning, instructional strategies and trends in educational technology
- Learn the ins and outs of key sales tools (Salesforce, Salesloft, Trello)
- Learn how to prospect, create drip campaigns and book discovery calls for school partnership managers
- Engage with key stakeholders in education via cold calls, warm calls, and emails
- Participate in company cultural activities like (and not limited to) ping pong tournaments, paint and sip, archery tag, and social Fridays
- Manage and improve lead conversion from multiple sources by properly planning your activity
- Work with our sales team to increase show rates and target the right audience
- Improve our business development process by trying new techniques and developing new resources
- Help onboard and mentor new Business Development Representatives
What You'll Need:
- 6+ months experience working in a customer-facing role
- Self-motivated, resilient and strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to work well with others
- Positive and results-oriented attitude
- Creative & entrepreneurial-minded
Bonus Points For:
- Previous inside sales/business development experience
- Previous call center experience is an asset
- Aspiration to build a career in SaaS sales
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Gym & learning fund
- Flexible hours
- Snacks & coffee
- Games & ping pong
*** After applying to this position, please regularly check your Spam/Junk folder. If you are a successful candidate, we will be sending you a follow-up email with the next steps and an invitation to a phone interview ***
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.