Residential Youth Counsellor
2 x FULL TIME RESIDENTIAL YOUTH COUNSELLOR, TEAM LEADERS
(Weekly Rotating Shifts - 2 week AM, 2 week PM)
Start: November 19, 2018
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication and positive role modeling skills and will possess a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
This position reports to the Team Therapist with responsibilities that include but are not limited to: lead and develop programming groups, organize, lead and participate in daily student academic, recreational and therapeutic activities, including:
- Daily life routines
- Group therapy activities
- Family Program activities
- Academic tutoring and homework assistance
- Food Preparation and related kitchen duties
- Off-Campus trips, over-night camping trips
Providing exceptional leadership, mentoring and positive relationships with students through:
- Participation in and facilitation of group meetings & discussions
- Development of student action plans
- Coordination of student recreational activities
- Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team to evaluate student progress and plan individual plan modifications as required.
- Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plan for the students are realized.
- Provide written reports as required in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour.
- CYW diploma or equivalent
- Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development.
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR.
- Valid F Class Driver’s License (obtaining F Class within 6 months if not qualified at your own cost.)
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program. Pay grid increases every 6 months for 2yrs, 3 weeks Vacation, Health and Dental & LTD Benefits.
Interested candidates should apply to Human Resources by November 9, 2018 with resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.