Human Resources Specialist
Peel Children's Centre is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic Human Resources professional who is flexible and adaptive with a strong sense of judgment and tact and a proven service orientation.
Peel Children's Centre is an accredited children’s mental health centre that provides a continuum of high quality mental health services to enrich the lives of children, youth and their families who are experiencing social, emotional and/or behavioural challenges. Nexus Youth Services creates opportunities for engagement to create a community that values the diverse voices of youth and young adults through action, partnership and growth. Our services are provided in a dynamic, client-centred environment that values respect and inclusion, collaboration, learning, innovation and accountability.
Annual salary range - $51,562 to $60,305 (5 step range)
This is a full time position with a generous total rewards package including 4 weeks’ vacation in the first year, personal leave, group life/LTD/health/dental benefits that are fully employer paid and a defined contribution pension plan.
Under the direction of the Director, Human Resources, and working as part of an HR Team, the HR Specialist is responsible for the delivery of customer-oriented, proactive and progressive human resource services to Peel Children’s Centre and Nexus Youth Services. As a member of the Human Resources Team, the HR Specialist provides services in the core areas of HR Administration (HRIS, employee file management, employee change of status), full cycle Recruitment, new hire On-Boarding, Training and Development, Benefits and Compensation, Health and Safety and Employee Relations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree in a related field and completion of a post-graduate program in Human Resources Management and a CHRP designation;
- A minimum of three (3) years directly related experience in a Human Resources environment;
- Experience in a Non-profit setting is an asset;
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of employment legislation, regulations and guidelines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish rapport quickly and gain the respect and trust of others;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information;
- Proven ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrate proficiency with and knowledge of HRIS systems; knowledge of Great Plains would be a decided asset;
- WSIB Level 2 Certification for Occupational Health & Safety required; Standard Level C First Aid is an asset;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check is required.
At Peel Children's Centre we value diversity in our workplace, our clientele and our communities. We are actively engaged in building an increasingly diverse workforce. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply no later than February 15th, 2019.
If this position is of interest to you, please submit a cover letter and resume in one document, referring to “File # 19-008 - HR Specialist, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peel Children's Centre will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process